"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Just Have Faith

My husband turned 30 this week.  

He also lost his job.

Most people would hear those two things and naturally react with sympathy, but I'm begging you to please keep those sympathetic feelings to yourself.

This is a blessing.  It is an answered prayer.  It is exactly what we needed, exactly when we needed it. 

Do you know how I know?

Because God is in control.

We turned this issue over to him long ago, so no matter where we are on our journey at the moment, my faith will remain in Him.

Now, as all of this unfolded over the past week, I have to be honest and tell you that I've been riding a roller coaster of emotions.

I've been excited that he is finally finished working for a company that didn't appreciate him and was so poorly managed.

I've been scared that we have no income.

I've been overjoyed as I watched Buddy shine when he immediately took this opportunity to work on the magazine that he's been dying to get started.  (Working 50-60 hours a week at his old job didn't leave much time to get it off of the ground, no matter how hard we tried.)

I've been worried that even with him working on it full time, it may still take a while for the first issue to come out.  (Which means it may be a while before we see any money coming in to our account.)

The devil has attacked me quite a bit this week.  (I am 31 weeks pregnant and therefore full of crazy hormones; he knew I was an easy target!)  He has tried his best to fill me with fear and doubt, and while I've had my fair share of dark moments, my Jesus has never left my side.

As I sat in Mass this morning, I wondered if God had planned the readings out just for us.  I listened to the Gospel and it felt like Jesus was talking right to me when He said, "Do not be afraid; just have faith."

So as we begin a new week, I will remained focused on those words.

"Do not be afraid; just have faith."

I will remember that no matter what happens, God is in control.  He has a plan.  He will keep us under his wing and He will protect us all from harm.

All I need to do is have faith.

These next few months may not be easy, but I know that God will not leave us.  He will send us the support that we need.  He will direct Buddy's path so that he will find advertisers willing to take a leap of faith on a magazine they have yet to see in front of them.  He will open their eyes to the potential.  He will provide. 

So as we continue on our newest adventure, I must ask for your support and prayers.  I can't express how much it means to have people believe in us and who are happy to spread the word about what we are doing.  Even if it's not something that you would normally be interested in, you never know who you might be able to send our way.

And please do not forget to pray for us.  For this to work, we need to stay focused and unafraid.  God has equipped us to succeed; we just need to remember that when things get rough.  So please pray for us and remind us of this when necessary!

And just in case anyone has yet to see the new fan page for Ink & Oil Magazine, come check it out and share it with your friends!  We plan on updating it as often as possible, so you can follow our progress as we work to get out our first edition!




3 comments:

  1. Daniel and I are praying for yall. Everything will work out just the way God wants it to.
    We love yall!
    Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Buddy are in my prayers daily. Can't wait for 1st issue!
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe...if any two people can cooperate with God's grace to make lemonade out of lemons handed you, it's you two. Let the presses roll!

    You've got my support and prayers!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget