"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Rejoicing in the New Year

I recently finished updating my calendar for 2015. Every time I fill in a new calendar, I have to take a deep breath when I get to the end. The time really does go by so fast.

Our top milestones this year will include:

~ Our oldest child will be nine, and the baby will be three!

~ Celebrating 10 years of marriage to my best friend!

~ We will have two children who are able to experience the amazing healing of Confession and the incredible privilege of receiving the Eucharist!

I don't know about you, but I'm excited about 2015!

While there are many special days to write down, I'm sure that we will also fill all of the empty spaces with many memories. While I don't know everything the future holds, I do know that...

We will be sad as we say goodbye to visiting family and friends, and we will hold on to hope and anticipation as we begin a new countdown leading up to their next visit.

We will go to Mass every Sunday as a family.

We will give Buddy many goodbye kisses as he carries the weight of being the provider.

I will occasionally wipe the tears of a child that misses Daddy as I embrace my role as their mother during this difficult season of financial stress.

We will continue to schedule in Skype dates with Daddy on his lunch break, and we will giggle at all of the funny things he can do on the screen.


We will enjoy the blessing of family dinners filled with delicious food and inevitable laughter.

We will play board games and kick soccer balls.

We will pray for our old cars to work for another day.

We will have impromptu dance parties in our pjs.

We will wipe snotty noses, scrub dirty fingernails, and do mountains and mountains of laundry.
 
We will rejoice in every opportunity to squeeze in a (cheap) date to celebrate and nurture our marriage.

We (I) will probably have at least one good cry over spilled milk.

We will pray together as a family and encourage each other to have an attitude of gratitude no matter what.

We will go on walks together and throw our hands in the air so we can fully enjoy the simple gift of a nice breeze.


We will rejoice in a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget