"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Storm



I stand silently at the window
Watching the trees sway
As the rain falls
And the ditches overflow

I pray.
I remind myself that I am safe.
I am loved.
I am His.

The storm grows stronger
Lightning strikes
So close
I feel the thunder in my bones

Panic fills my mind
Anxiety, the uninvited houseguest 

I pray.
I remind myself that I am safe.
I am loved.
I am His.

Despite my objection
The dam breaks
My eyes overflow
And my shirt absorbs
what my body can no longer contain

I pray.
I am safe.
I am loved.
I am His.

This storm will pass
But another will come
I tell myself to be strong
I remind myself to pray

I am safe.
I am loved.
I am His.

I wait
(im)patiently
for Sunshine

 (photo by OldSmokey on wunderground.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget