"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heavens." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Monday, May 30, 2016

Five Loaves and Two Fish

Despite a long break from writing and a weary mind that is struggling to find its groove again, I wanted to take a moment to not only thank God for His blessings, but also encourage those of you who might find yourself feeling frustrated and alone, wondering if God is even listening to your cries.

God recently sent my family a reminder that He cares for us even in the little things. Sometimes He takes our desires, even the stuff that we know we can live without, and He moves a mountain just to remind us that He can.

I really shouldn't be surprised by these blessings anymore, but every time God takes our loaves and fishes and multiplies them, it catches me off guard and brings me to tears.

I wish I could say with certainty that things were going to be better for us soon, but I know we still have storms ahead. I try to put on a brave face, but there are times that I find myself staring at the dark clouds in the distance, and I can feel the devil trying to fill me with fear.

If nothing else, this season has toughened me up and taught me greater confidence in my God. I admit that I still struggle with trying to find a quiet moment to spend with Him, but when I do meet Him in prayer, He uses that time to fill my heart with His peace. He reminds me that no matter what is ahead, He is still God, and that means He can stand up at any moment and command the storm to calm. He has proven time and again that no matter what we are facing, He will provide.

This season hasn't been easy on our family, but we will continue to move forward with hope in our hearts. We do grow weary at times, but God always knows when to send us a reminder that He is in control. We trust that He will guide our path if we choose to follow Him, even though that occasionally requires us to take a road that we never expected to take! (He definitely loves to bring us along on His adventures!)

I wish I could post more details of our most recent blessing, but sometimes, despite our desires to shout God's miracles from the rooftops, He asks for us to quietly rejoice.

But just in case any of you have also experienced that same weary feeling, wondering if you will always be operating on five loaves and two fish, let me be the one to remind you:

It's not how much you have to offer that matters. What matters is how you are taking the blessings that God has provided and putting them to good use.







2 comments:

  1. Powerful words ! I have an amazing daughter....Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget